🕙 Deadline: Oct. 12, 2023
Primary Objective of The Position:
• The accountant takes charge to ensure the day-to-day activities in regard to accounting are done.
• Maintaining all necessary income reports and journals by accurately auditing the daily revenues and also controlling payment of all money due by promptly preparing invoices and processing incoming checks in accordance with accounting and financial controls, and within the policies and procedures as outlined and corporate policies and guidelines, and the company’s business plan.
- • Performing an audit of the daily audit ensuring its accuracy and completeness.
- • Assisting the Stock Controller in the month-end storeroom physical inventory.
- • Internal audit function on procurement and inventory control processes.
- • Supporting Finance Manager with journals and financial statement compilation process.
- • Receiving all money promptly, preparing and capturing sales invoices and processing incoming checks.
- • Reconciling sales on the accounting system to EBM BackOffice.
- • Preparing accurate daily Accounts Receivable and Payable Analysis reports.
- • Preparing all sales forecast reports and sales analysis reports.
- • Assisting in the preparation of month-end reconciliation and in the final monthly closing of all financial reports.
- • Preparing reports as requested to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- • Assisting Finance Manager in the implementation of standard operating procedures.
- • Establishing internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- • Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return, to ensure all the taxes types are on time with the deadline.
- • Managing the preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- • Accepting flexible working schedules when necessary for the company’s uninterrupted service.
- • Performing required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position.
- • Auditing accounts to ensure compliance with state and government regulations; working with outside auditors and providing needed information for the monthly, and annual external audits to ensure correct and timely closing reports.
- • Staying abreast of current and new industry technology relating to function.
- • Presenting recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies to avoid possible fraud and errors.
- • Ensuring compliance with local, state, and government requirements.
- • Controlling treasury transactions, document filling, accounting policy, and cycles.
- • Providing financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- • Handling the processes and taxes of importing the containers and ensuring full compliance with their regulations.
- • Managing the customs process and handling and ensuring the containers’ compliance with their regulations.
- • Managing the warehouse processes (offloading / Uploading) and scheduling the customer shipments/orders.
- • Managing and handling all logistics cycles, processes, and deals (Manpower, delivery truck, etc..).
- • Managing and overseeing the bank's deals and transactions.
- • Managing the capital, cost, revenue, profit, and cash flow of the company with full analysis reports evolving the cash position.
Laws, Regulations, and Policies
- • Following all applicable laws relating to general accounting practices and tax regulations.
- • Compiling fully with the set financial reporting deadlines and guidelines, as outlined by the Finance Manager.
- • Assisting the Finance Manager in preparation for external audit.
Skills and Competencies:
- • Bachelor`s degree in accounting or similar field.
- • Graduate from an accredited college with a minimum of 4 years of practice in Accounting or Finance, and at least 2 years experience of them as a Senior accountant or Chief Accountant.
- • CPA – Intermediate level is an added value.
- • Excellent English Language is a must.
- • Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- • Strong knowledge of Burundi Accounting Standards and IFRS.
- • Experience in working with accounting software ERP systems.
- • Ability to create effective plans and innovative reports.
- • Outstanding communication skills, leadership, and interpersonal abilities.
- • Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- • Good organizational and time management skills.
How to Apply:
• Interested and qualified applicants should send their both combined cover letter and well-detailed CV (all as a single PDF document) via email: Careers@excraft.bi ; with the subject “ESK-AC-EA”.
• The application should contain an ENGLSH Resume with an e-mail address, notice period, telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & and telephone contacts of three professional referees, together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position.
Salary: From 800K to 1.2M BIF depending on the experiences and personal skills
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.excraft.bi
Note: Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be considered.