The Vacancy closing date of this publication has expired
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. Employment location will be Kirundo with frequent trips to Bujumbura, Burundi.
As Expert Logistics you will be responsible for the accurate implementation of logistic standards and all processes related to procurement, logistics etc. in Burundi according to internal and donor regulations.
- Establish an efficient warehouse and store management system in Kirundo and Bujumbura
- Establish and update a database of local suppliers, specifying the criteria of quality, price, service, ethics etc.
- Prepare procurement plans for all projects and ensure their execution
- Regularly organize (at least once a month) the inspection of all stocks according to the specific requirements of each piece of equipment and according to the requirements of the donors (palletisation, shelving etc.)
- Organize quarterly stock inventories
- Prepare monthly fuel and consumption reports and provide feedback if necessary
- Regularly evaluate the staff under your leadership and implement a capacity building plan
- Actively participate in all training sessions organized in your favor
- A university or polytechnic degree in logistics, development cooperation/humanitarian aid or a similar qualification commensurate with the position
- 2 to 5 years professional experience working in the global south
- Experience working in east african region and with EU based Fundings (EUROPAID, BMZ AA)
- Coordination and organization skills – even under a high workload
- Broad intercultural competence and ability to cope in an international team
- Excellent spoken and written French is mandatory, English/Swahili and/or Kirundi would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.