Vacancy Announcement – Water Quality Technician
- Organization PUMP : LLC
- Position Title : Water Quality Technician
- Reporting To : Water Quality Lead/Regional Manager
- Duty Station : Gitega
- Starting Date : Immediately
As a Christ-centered organization, AMAZI WATER is the primary implementer of Burundian water projects, working to provide sustainable access to clean water in every community by 2028.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A water quality technician is responsible for testing and monitoring water supplies and ensuring water is safe. He/She must produce a water quality analysis report. He/She performs various technical duties, for example inspecting, sampling, monitoring, testing, and working with groundwater and surface water sources.
• Test Water,
• Share reports,
• Post reports,
• Use Microsoft,
• Use software,
• Teach others,
• Communicate with employees,
• Communicate with local government,
• Communicate with national government,
• Communicate with partners,
• Communicate with contractors,
• Communicate and coordinate with Amazi Water staff.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
Educational level & Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree required,
• Excellent communications skills,
• Experience in communication with governmental leaders,
• Proficient in Kirundi and French. English is a plus.
Role-Specific Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience in communication with governmental leaders.
• The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary,
• Willing to travel for extended periods of time,
• A positive attitude and willingness to encourage and work well with co-workers and community members.
• A rigorous approach to scientific tasks
ALL EMPLOYEES AT AMAZI WATER MUST DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
• A love for Burundi
• A love for Jesus Christ
• Professional fluency in French, English, and Kirundi
• Proficiency with email, Excel & Word
• Ability with community development and social work
• Ability to communicate with government offices and partners.
• Understanding of the need and benefit of clean water.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position, that you qualify, and are willing to relocate to Gitega. Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the hiring manager.
Eligible candidates are kindly requested to submit a completed PUMP LLC application by September 28th, 2023.
We may close the application early if we receive sufficient applications before the closing date.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted. Eligible candidate’s applications will be kept for 12 months